Practicing gratitude is often recommended by mindfulness and yoga professionals. The practice of being grateful can completely transform your attitude to everyday situations in your life. It will give you a more positive outlook and a renewed vigor and enthusiasm for life.
During the uncertain times caused by the coronavirus outbreak this year, having a positive, clear-sighted perspective has never been more important or beneficial.
What Can Daily Gratitude Give Us?
By taking time each day to practice gratitude, you will notice your entire outlook and philosophy begins to change. You will see the objects and people around you differently. We live in a world that places a lot of its focus on possessions, money, and career. It can often feel as though we spend our whole lives chasing happiness without ever pinpointing what we really want. This leaves us feeling perpetually unsatisfied and wanting more.
By being grateful for the people and possessions we already have, we can begin to let go of these shallow, superficial desires. Instead, we can begin to put our focus on enjoying our time and living fulfilling lives that aren’t about what we want but are instead about appreciating what we have.
So, How Can I Achieve It?
Here are a few steps you can take to learn to practice gratitude:
- Practice saying thank you and meaning it. Notice when someone does something kind and say thank you.
- Try to think of 3-5 things you appreciate each day. You will be amazed by which things really matter to you and which are less important.
- Look for the beauty in simple things.
- Be grateful for the small pleasures, like a cup of tea, or a sunny day.
- Try a meditative practice like mindfulness, where you can check in with the present moment and be grateful for it.
How are you maintaining daily gratitude in a COVID-19 world? Share your thoughts with us!